CAREERS IN THE AVIATION AND COMPUTER INDUSTRY
MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
Program Management, Project Management, Resource Planning, Product Deployment Cycle Coordination, Disaster Recovery Planning, and Logistics.
* Identify customer needs, define functional specifications, author operational plans, and synchronize implementation.
* Evaluate, coordinate and document system architecture development.
* Familiar with environmental factors (social, political, economic, etc.); manage international operational scenarios and obligations, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
AVIATION SKILLS: A broad knowledge of airline operating practices, FAA processes, airplane flight operations, aviation infrastructure and airplane systems, including 12 years in the United States Air Force C-130 (4,300 flight hours) plus 6 years instructing pilots and creating programs for the Boeing 767 and Boeing 757.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science; test, manage and utilize computer networks, operating systems, and software for over 10 years, including: Microsoft Project, Visio, Office Professional (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), Windows 2000/XP, and Web Site editing.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Bothell, WA
Leadership of team members in contract negotiations, engineering groups, suppliers and systems support (located on three continents) resulted in our customers American Airlines and Boeing attaining goals weeks ahead of schedule and at 10% cost savings.
Alteon (Boeing Training and Flight Services), Seattle, WA
* Managed computer-based training (CBT) development and operational guidelines for flight deck systems prototyping, including development of white paper and knowledge objects.
* Orchestrated departments in developing market strategy and proposals insuring a 5% reduction in production costs.
Microsoft, Redmond, WA
* Managed a joint Intel / Microsoft project to develop new test procedures and documentation for next-generation software / hardware development.
* Effectively negotiated a more effective business model, allowing more efficient development one month ahead of schedule.
Software Test Engineer
Microsoft, Redmond, WA
* Custom-built numerous client/server Local Area Networks to evaluate Internet Explorer code development.
* Developed test procedures and operational guidelines, leading to more effective testing of essential systems and programs, resulting in 5% cost savings and faster performance.
* Working directly with corporate Beta test sites, evaluated, coordinated and documented Windows Operating System architecture development using custom-built, remote terminals to monitor code execution, thereby allowing software to be shipped on-time with more features.
Flight Crew Training
Trans World Airlines / International Aviation
(TWA merged with American Airlines in 2001)
* Requested by name to conduct classroom and simulator training / evaluation of pilots from domestic and foreign airlines on all Boeing 767 and 757 aircraft systems.
* Authored, coordinated, documented and implemented a new FAA-approved training program to support new Boeing 767 avionics systems, with which student pilots consistently recorded a higher learning curve with less study time.
Director of Operations
United States Air Force Officer
Lockheed C-130 Senior Navigator (4,300+ hours)
* Consistently chosen to evaluate new, experimental aircraft systems, procedures and training updates leading to new Air Force flight checklists, crew procedures, operational capabilities, increase safety and increased mission effectiveness.
* Directly managed a team of 20 managers, resulting in classified international missions of over 1,500 strategic personnel and nearly $1 billion in equipment being delivered on-time and on-target.
* Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Computer Science, Miami University, Oxford, OH
* International Operations Management,
Air Force University, Maxwell AFB, AL
* Program Management Institute (PMI) PMP course coordination, including the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide.
* Speak German fluently (second language).
* Multiple Professional Development courses, seminars, and workshops.
* Microsoft Project 2002 Implementation Workshop.